01 April 2006

Cats in Carolina

Yesterday we were in the car for a long time. We stopped several times, and each time we got out, there were new and different smells. Heavenly! But the trip was boring. Muzzer says if I was bored yesterday, watch out when we leave Lexington for our vacation! Does this mean MORE days snoozing in the back seat while we go up hill and down dale? More boring lunches at the rest stop. (My lunch was boring in comparison to all the other lunches that were going on!)

But we finally arrived at the home of our friends in North Carolina, and they were glad to see my human family, and of course, they think I am about the cutest thing to fall off the potato truck. And they have this marmalade colored cat named Garth. So while the humans are busily catching up on the news and trading pictures of the children, Garth and I are becoming acquainted.

First, I chased him all around the downstairs, and he only got away because they have these wooden floors and my toenails made me slide. I would've had him for sure if not for that.

Then, he bounded up the stairs and hid under one of the beds. I bounded up the stairs and flushed him out, and tried to get him to play by gbarking! He swatted me! And went and hid under yet another bed. There are four beds in this house, and that cat fits under all of them.

Finally the humans stopped laughing, and made me sit while they fussed over this overweight orange fluff ball. Garth has a secret hiding place in the basement, where I am not allowed to follow. Not fair. How will I ever convince him to play?

Sigh.

Anyway, we have had a good day so far. I flushed Garth out of his bedroom (the one he shares with his humans) and chased him. Muzzer caught me and used my tail as a handle, just like the breed book says. I got sent outside, then we went for a long walk. Then we went to IHOP for breakfast, then we went to Hendersonville and walked and walked. I am a very tired terrier. But I just heard someone say: "Would you like to take a ride to the top of the mountain?" So I will end now, with more reports tomorrow. I hope to get a photo of Garth, but it is harder using the digital camera than just blogging.

So Long!

No comments: