04 May 2006

I visit Thomas Jefferson


Here I am in the back seat with my new friend Susana! My other new friend Albert is driving the car. We are on our way to see Monticello, which was the home of Thomas Jefferson, one of the authors of the Declaration of Independence and also a President of the United States of America. Dogs cannot actually go inside his home, but we are allowed on the grounds as long as we are on a lead. I thought this might be boring, you know....history and all that. But I did not have to sit through any of the tours, I just stayed under the trees with Dad and let all the children and old folks pet me. We stopped in Charlottesville for a (very) lat lunch, then came home where Albert cooked a delicious chicken dish called mole', which we ate with flour tortillas and refried beans. Lest you report my muzzer to the ASPCA, I only got a sliver of chicken, no beans and no bourbon fudge for desert. Someone has been poisoning her mind against me! My people food ration has been drastically reduced! And I am forced to return to the kibble bowl.

Albert and Susana are very good friends. They are sleeping in MY bed. So last night, I snuck into their room and joined them. Were they surprised this morning. Now they say they will be more careful with the door latch. HehHehHeh. They do not yet know that I can work the latch on the outside, and they will have to engage the lock to keep me out. This is a trick I have developed recently due to the fact that muzzer and Dad are ALWAYS closing those doors so that I cannot see out the front windows and bark and bark and bark at the stupid golden retriever who works at the antique shop across the way. They will find out quickly. HehHehHeh! More adventures later.
Your friend Gus.

No comments: