04 January 2007

This and That

Hey, I know that I neglected to post pictures of our Christmas stuff, so I am playing catch-up here.

First are the pictures of all the Dogs with Blogs Christmas cards we got. We had to take them to muzzer's store to put up, because Teka was jealous of all my cards and tried to eatt them. All my favorite customers (the ones who bring treats) think they are "so cute" and "darling" and "sweet." I just think it is awesome that there are so many different ones from so many different places, and expecially the really crafty ones, given us wires mostly don't have 'posable thumbs.

Then this next picture is muzzer's present from E.Rabbit! It is a Hercule Poirot mystery on DVD, and there is a Wire Fox Terrier in it that looks like me at my very most shaggiest. The wire, of course, solves the mystery for Poirot. Muzzer loves it! I love it. Teka does not like it at all because it does not have a JRT in it. Too Bad. Quality Tells! However, it is called "Dumb Witness" and I think that is not very nice to the little dog who solves the mystery. But it is still a good movie.

Now we will show you muzzer's most favorite of all her presents! She grabbed it up when it came into her store and did not even let any customers see it! I told her, I said "Muzzer, you know that is against the rules! Minimum 24 hours on the floor before an employee can purchase an item." She said to hush up, because there have to be some perks to owning a clothing store. I g-barked and g-barked at her, but she did not change her mind! She let me buy it for her with my credits for working in the store.
So, now she feels very guilty. But I like the sweater, and I think the terriers look like me and my blogging pals. I told her she can put it on e-bay and donate the money to terrier rescue where they got me, but so far, I don't see her posting it. He he. Never happen.

The little dog on the picture right below is on the back. It is a cute sweater, and very warm. If we all guilt her enough, she might get it posted pretty soon. Then we can help other terriers. Right! I would be happy to share my muzzer's new sweater with someone else so a few terriers could find new forever homes.
Dad got a lot of boring St. Louis Cardinals stuff. E.Rabbit got DVDs and pajamas and money, and E.Beth got pretty much the same things. I think Muzzer did not spend much time on Christmas gifts for anyone but me!
I got lots of stuff. Unfortunately Teka and I have killed and dismembered all of our stuffies. We have nearly destroyed a new ballistic cloth frisbee. Teka killed her sweater. We have both eaten our bones. We have both eaten the carob dipped cookies from Three Dog. We have eaten all the treats in our stockings, and Teka ate her stocking. And two of muzzer's.
I think that brings you up to date on our desert Christmas. Hope the New Year is treating you right. Oh, and may I be the first to wish Joe Stains a happy birthday, whatever day it turns out to be.


6 comments:

E. Rabbit said...

Gus, the title Dumb Witness refers to the fact that Bob the terrier is "dumb" only in that he is mute--he can't speak. Clearly he is not dumb as in stupid; the film shows that he is clearly even smarter than Hercule Poirot.

Nat said...

Gus,
Not that you haven't been doing your part, but Teka's been a busy little beaver.

Gus said...

Pappy's Fella: You don't know half of what Teka can do! But, she makes me look soooo good....

Joe Stains said...

the birthday is March 6th! BUT you are all invited to Joey-Palooza March 6th-9th!!

Daniella said...

I just logged into my mom's Netflix account and ordered Dumb Witness! Mom loves Agatha Christie movies but could never read the books without skipping to the end!! Thanks for the movie tip Gus!!

Axel

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Okay okay here we are in the the subtropics and all Mommy can talk about is that sweater!!!! I think she is seriously sick.

Bussie Kissies
Buster