29 April 2007

Yappy Anniversary DWB!`

From their desk-tops and their lap-tops
Some for hours at a time
Came my blog pals and blog pal-ettes
and Miss Snickers leibchen mein!

There was Buster and cute Janie
There was Bogart and Sunshade
Asta over, Asta under
It was such a fine parade

I saw Joey and his Tanner
Mistress Maggie, Master Butch
Of Course FuFu, Snowball, BooBoo
Lots of doggies, not too much!

Over miles and Across Time Zones
All enjoying wine and cheese
Til their Humans Said "Now Doggies
May we use the 'puters, please?"

Pappy's Fella from his Cella
Others from their homes up high
Used their noses and their toes-es
To greet friends from far and nigh

Raise your Glasses high in Tribute
To this bestest group of Dogs
For no matter what their breed is
They belong to Dogs with Blogs

Doggies come from far Australia
Marvin came from Scotland, too
Joining doggies from Maylasia
Singapore and ASU

Now our time is almost over
And our chat room soon will close
But we're joined by our vocations
and devotion to our prose

Thank you Opy, Thank you Brook Lee
Thank you Greg and Gruffpuppy!
Thanks to all who came together
See you all again real soon

Thanks to all whose names I couldn't
Fit into this little tune
I will work on doing better
On my rhyming skills real soon

Now so-long to all you blog pals
And to all my lovely gals
And to all you patient humans
Who can teach the dogs this tune



"Darlin' Clementine" American folk tune

Celebrate the Anniversary of

11 comments:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Thanks Gussie - what a wonderful tribute :) We love our DWB community - it's very special to us.

Great to chat to you at the Pawty :)

Love
Opy

Molly the Airedale said...

The pawty was an absolute BLAST and it was such fun chatting with you Gussie!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Charlie - The Big Dog said...

Hey that is so cool!

What a lovely little poem - Thanks Gus

Luv Charlie

Liza said...

Gussie -

We love your prose - your blog always makes us laugh and smile!!

Happy day to you - Dory

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Sorry we didn't get to chat more, Gus. It was a blast though, wasn't it?! J x

Asta said...

uh Gussie, it was a petend martini,heheheh I just like the glass I think it was water????but I had the bestest time..and I love all your songs, I'm going to try to learn this oneXOXOXOXOXOXO
Asta (up over)

wally said...

Hey Gus--Great tunes. Sorry we didn't get to chat but maybe we will get to meet at a future paw-ty!

wally.

Maggie said...

good tune !!!
maggie #2

Joe Stains said...

what a wonderful song!! We love all of our dog with blogs friends

Asta said...

Oh Gussie, thanks for the nice barks...New Bark is sooo full of models, I don't think there's room for me, and my Mummy sayd I'm much too sweet for a cutthroat industry, although I like soft bities on the throat so I don't know what she means...sorry that you don't have spring, come here and I'll show you how nice the fresh air smells...have a great Arizona day! kisses Asta

Asta said...

Hi Gussie, are you busy composing?
glad you like muzzer's pin...she got it from Daddy and my sister Nora(before she went to heaven)..they were all in Paris together..muzzer wears it all the time, especially if I can't be with her
lots of kisses
Asta