09 July 2007

Some things are good, some things are not OK


This vacation thing is not all it is cracked up to be...
I am enjoying some parts of it, but some parts are not so great.
For example, there is this awesome park that is a reasonable dog walk from our rental. It has great green grass and plants, a nice lake, and some interesting sculptures. I would be perfectly happy just going there a couple times a day for recreation and reduction of fluids in bladder.
Does Dear Old Dad appreciate this. Nooooo. He is intent upon walking my paws off. Muzzer laughs. She says it is called urban endurance hiking, and he does it all the time, everywhere. I am only thankful that muzzer takes pity on me and makes him stay home for two of the four walks he thinks I should have daily!
And, here we are in the city with lots and lots of Steak n Shakes. Have we been to eat at one yet? NOOOO. We went to some namby pamby place last night that has strange food, not fit for man or dog. We ate outside, and lots of people told me I was cute, but frankly, I did not like the food. Thai food makes me burp. Give me a Steakburger any old time.
And I think you all know that one of my faves in St. Loulis is to go visit my Aunt Marie and Uncle Ray at Friendship Village. The folks there love me. It takes me half an hour to get through the lobby, there are so many oldies but goodies who want to pet me! So, today muzzer takes off by herself to do some things for Aunt Re and Uncle Ray. She didn't take me along. NOT FAIR. I am going on strike for a steakburger and a trip to see my friends. And I am not spoiled, no matter what muzzer says.
Respectfully
Gus Dagger W.f.T.

9 comments:

Joe Stains said...

I cannot believe you are not getting to do what YOU want to do on YOUR vacation. This is terrible. How is Teka, I haven't seen her riding the bus past my house or anything so I assume she is safe.

Agatha and Archie said...

Gus,we back you buddy,go on strike. What, no steakburgers,and you didn't get to go with to see your Auntie and Uncle!!!! Maybe tomorrow you will get a steakburger.......we will wait to read your next episode......Agatha + Archie

Casper and pals said...

Were hoping you get steakburger and to visit your friends too. And tell Dear Old Dad that he better not walk your paws off 'cause then he would have to carry you!!!

Molly the Airedale said...

Shoot Gussie! This is your vacation! Tell your dad and muzzer that you need to start having lots more fun!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Jake of Florida said...

Dear Gus Dagger W.F.T.,

Boy oh boy, do we know what you mean. Sometimes our human parents' decisions make no sense at all. Like the wedding we didn't get to attend.

Urban endurance hiking, huh? Isn't the pavement kind of hot?

Our Dad wants to know exactly where you are so he can give us more details about your new neighborhood. Also, as you know, we are lobbying to go with them on one of their next trips.

Things will get better. Just remember we WFTs have the ability to turn into two-ton immobile statues if we don't want to budge!!

Lots of woofs from your buddies,

Jake and Just Harry

Asta said...

Jeez Gussie,
That's just tewwible, you've been planning this vacation fowever, I mean why bother packing and going ,if you don't get all your favowite foods and hoomans to visit..hope things impwove soonest!!!want me to sign a petition or somepin??
You're not spoiled at all, mowe like neglected my poor Gussie
smoochie kisses to make you feel better
Asta

wally said...

No Steak and Shake???!!? Apes are so uncooperative.

wally.

Asta said...

Gussie,
Thanks for the complimentses on my wiry hair, but why would you be jelous..you're a super handsome wire, I'd like to snuzzle in your gowgeous cuwls...hope you got your steak by now
smoochie kisses
Asta

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

I love their side by side shakes!

Our nearest one is about an hour away tho unfortunately....

Bussie Kissies
Buster