31 July 2007

We're Back! well, sort of...

Greetings Friends:

I feel I have missed so much over the last few days, between family visits and the Internet problems we have been having. So, today we shipped Dad off to Poland (Krakov) and me and muzzer decided that we are posting even if we have to reconnect every thirty seconds!

Most important is this:

I kind of feel like I didn't get to say a proper farewell to Oscar. Apologies to the Mom's out there who are about to get really teary eyed, but:

Oscar was my friend, my critic and my competitor. Last month we both competed for the DWB Awesome Blog Award, and he won! Even though he was younger than I, in many ways he was far more skilled at blogging, and far more urbane and debonair. Witness how comfortable he was in his cowboy outfit, while I can barely tolerate a bow tie. His comments on my blog were insightful and helpful, and he liked my songs! And the ladies....Ah, Oscar and I were great competitors there! We seemed to like the same type of girls, and he was so charming and witty that I was constantly brushing up on my compliments, and always searching for just the right phrase to use with Miss Snickers and both of the Astas, and of course, Maggie and Sunshade and all the rest. Even GirlGirl. And Faya...oh my, his french was so much better than mine. So Oscar kept me on my toes, and was a good buddy at the same time. I will miss him, as we all will. But I will try to live up to his example, and always remember his advice. I am sure that when we meet at the bridge, he will expect a complete accounting on our mutual interests, and then, and only then, will we run and play!

We have been kept busy reading and catching up on all my friends and buddies. A few are on vacation, so we miss them and hope they are having a great time. We were able to catch up with the news on Asta NY by reading Maggie's blog, and seeing photos of the great visit they shared. And my friend Dory has a new brother, Big Mac. Dory's mom posted a great video showing what fun they are having together and with all of Grandma's dogs. And Pappy's dad is back from a sad trip to Florida, so we hope that things get back to normal for them soon, and that Pappy can make the long trek across the kitchen floor to his food dish. Joe and Tanner report that it is raining in my home town. That doesn't happen often, so I am sorry to miss it. Maybe we can have some more in a couple of weeks when we go back to Phoenix.

It sure is good to have such a great bunch of friends. It makes me sad to think about Oscar, but Jake and Harry's mom had it right in her recent post....we are indeed on to "something wonderful" in this virtual community we are building.

Many hugs to all, and to all a good dinner.



5 comments:

Joe Stains said...

Gus you are always so eloquent and thoughtful. We are glad you sat through the frustration to post for us.

We will try to save some rain for you!

Eddie N Peaches said...

Glad to have you back in our virtual world. What a nice note about Oscar. Very fitting.
Whoofs & Baroos,
Eddie & Peaches

Molly the Airedale said...

What a beautiful tribute Gussie!
We had the best time with Asta and Putter! Maybe next year on vacation you can visit us! We would love to have you! We'd have a blast!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey pal, glad you're back, we missed you! What a lovely tribute to Oscar.

J x

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Apologies Gus, I have only just seen your beautiful tribute to Oscar. What a lovely chap you are.

Lots of love
Katy xxx