21 July 2008

Oh My!

When last seen, the intrepid duo of Gussie and Miss Teka were "borrowing" the Gussiemobile

And heading off to pick up Teka's newest flame, Swede William and some of the Whippet Waggle in Kontucky.
As several of our friends pointed out, Gussie is in the driver's seat! However...that means Teka is navigating and working the pedals. Oops. So, who knew that Missouri shares borders with TWO states that begin with "K?" And that is how we ended up in Kansas first. Teka's reading skills are not much more than basic, and she got konfused by all those Ks on the map.

No harm. After a brief stop at Stella and Stanley's house, we headed due east (sort of) to have another try at finding Kontucky.
Fortunately, Teka was there visiting only about a week ago, and she followed the trail of Swede William's pheromes right to his door.
Now, Willam was waiting for us, since me and Teka had been calling on the cell phone, and he and his fellow wagglers
Lindy Loo
And Sam I Am (the therapy dog), were ready to go with us to the pawty for Miss Snickers.
Sweet Delia decided to stay at home with Bill, her personal servant.
The other members of the waggle wanted to use the opportunity to have some quality time with their main servant, and help her with a little problem that developed.
anyway...as you might know from Butchy and Snickers reports on the party, even with all the detours, we were the first group to arrive!
We didn't get there too early though, as Aire Ruby landed soon after.
Need I say that a good time was had by all, particularly the Birthday Girl and her pals Asta (NY) and Lacie. We waded, we ate birfday cake, we had a mud spa, me and Butcho mud wrassled, oh my, indeed a great time.
BUT...the weekend ended too soon, and we had to head back to drop off the whippets and rescue muzzer and dad. Oops. Big miscalculation.
Me and Teka R in the Dog HOUSE. We are in the doggy big house. Things are so bad that we are getting an electric fence installed tomorrow! Muzzer and dad were not amused. I guess they didn't understand the mud on (and in) the gussiemobile. Oh well....silly hoomans that they are, I am sure they will forget to turn the fence on some morning and me and Teka can have another excellent adventure.
Until then...Gussie reporting from Mayemphis. Sigh.

5 comments:

Asta said...

Oh Gussie
They can't keep you in jail...nooooo...no pawty would be the same wifout you guys..and Teka's heawt will bweak, and so will snickers' if you don't visit
want me to talk to Muzzew??? Mud is not so hawd to clean up
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess..I have something fow you

Peanut said...

oh my an electric fence. I am sorry guys.

Jake of Florida said...

We're in the dog house too -- or at least Jake is, for reasons he will explain when he is allowed to post again.

In the meantime, Gussie and Teka, we think you better chill for a bit until muzzer forgets about your misadventures and starts to trust again (HAH!!)

But true love will have its day!! (Or so we've been told.)

Woofs, pals,

Jake and Just Harry

Joe Stains said...

Oh dear, you guys are seriously busted. an ELECTRIC FENCE?! What happens when it rains?! omdog it sounds so scary! I am sorry guys, I don't know how to help you with that one!

Asta said...

Gussie
Thank you fow youw advice..I will loosen my flowews, and I have a book on doga I'm going to wead and see what I can do..
Asta is just ignowing the FDA..she says they'we stoopid.
Wheeley smoochies
Myrna