20 January 2011

Greetings, Doggies of the Internet

It is I again, Eartha Kitteh.



I have been living with this lady E. Rabbit for about five months now, and even if she thinks this dog named Gus is my uncle, and even though she has some weird habits like making me poop in a box and then taking my poop out of the box and putting it in little bags and then putting the bags in the trash, it is a pretty good set up.

So recently she had a three day weekend. I am not entirely fond of three day weekends because they cut into my alone time. I mean, it is nice to have her around and all, but I am used to having eight or more hours a day to myself. Also, we do not always have compatible ideas about how to spend the time. She thinks four a.m. is for sleeping and four p.m. is for playing; I happen to think the reverse is true.

But we did manage to find a few times we could agree were good for playing, and when we did, she taught me a game called "Fetch." Perhaps you dogs have heard of this game? One player throws a thing and the other runs to get it and brings it back.

I have to say, I am much better at this game than she is. When she throws one of my toys across the room or to the other side of thee couch, I run and get it and bring it back right away. But when I throw one of my toys under the couch or under the dresser, sometimes it takes her DAYS to fetch it, even though I tell her "fetch! FETCH!" with both verbal and telepathic commands. And sometimes she uses a broom handle to fetch them out with, which I consider cheating.

But anyway, she told a friend of hers that I could play fetch. And that friend said "hahahaha that's silly. Only dogs can play fetch."

????

Is she KIDDING? Does she really think there are things dogs can do that I, Eartha Kitteh, cannot?


Let's go to the tape:



See? There is your proof, world and doggies and people. I, Eartha Kitteh, am a CHAMPION of fetch.

My new goal is to learn more things that people think only dogs can do. I can already fetch and chase my own tail. Soon I will have all the skills that dogs have, and then I will be able to take over the world improve dog/kitteh relations for generations to come.

I have the assistance of a most trusted advisor.

13 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I heard the words "SMART KHYTTY"

Snikhkering...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Maybe NPR khould run a piece on khat owners that admit their khat plays fetch ;-)

TwoSpecialWires said...

Clearly brilliance runs in the family. We knew it all along!

Jake and Fergi (who believe you can do anything)

Molly the Airedale said...

Great job, Eartha Kitteh! You play fetch much better than we do! What are we saying? We don't play fetch at all!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Fred said...

Good job, E. Kitteh! You are scary...um, smart...er, scary smart! ;P

Gus said...

Eartha Kitteh!

Me and Teka DO NOT FETCH. You are making our lives VERY difficult.

gussie

Princess Patches said...

You sure are a pretty kitteh, Eartha! We don't have any kittehs around here anymore, but we do have a "cat extractor"! Actually, it's a device for measuring board feet, from long ago, but our pawrents used to use it to extract cats from under the beds or to rescue toys! Good luck teaching those doggies how to fetch!

Aire-hugs,
Penny & Patches

Asta said...

Eawfa Kitteh
not only awe you bootiful, but tewwibully talented. I do howevew question youw motives in twying to show up gussie and Teka..It seems you awe making theiw lives mowe difficult and that I do not like. I looove gussie and want him always happy
smoochie kisses
ASTA
pee ess..I do like youw twusted advisow

William Tell said...

Good trick, Eartha. Here's a little tip: When we terriers don't want to play fetch anymore, we just eat the toy. Game over. Might be a little harder for a kitty to do that, though. Dogs can ingest a way lot more more stuffing that cats. It's a gift.

Happy Tails,
William Tell

Remington said...

Well done! I wish Ozabella could learn to do that! Maybe she could go and get me some treats too!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We aren't very good at fetch, in fact, we can't understand the point of it. Why throw the ball away if you want it back??? Anyway, we have never seen a kitty fetch, that was a fun video.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Bocci said...

Wow! You are very talented Ms. Eartha kitty-we are impressed!

Anonymous said...

A Siamese Retriever? DUH! She's better than our 4 felines but not quite as good as Jubal is yet.
Did Eartha stick her right front paw in white paint?
Did Patti leave our dad's tennis shoe at your place?
- TBH&K

Asta said...

Gussie 'n Teka
We can celebwate Muzzew and Daddi's good healthses togethew..Happy dances I hope it's fuwwevew!!!
btw Gussie..I am so honowed that you want my pictoowe neaw you..can you steal it off my bloggie , ow do you want me to send it to you and if so, which one?
smoochie kisses
Asta