07 April 2006

"Almost Heaven"

Almost Heaven, West Virginia
Lots of Potholes, Lovely Flowing River
On the Turnpike, pay as you arrive
Pay again on leaving, if you are alive
Thank you Mr. John Denver,
Where ever you are
I can't believe it...we were driving through this beautiful country, when all of a sudden, we slow down and stop. Dad rolls down the window and hands the guy some money. We go through the gate. Wait, Wait Dad, you forgot the Hamburgers! Even the bank gives me a milk bone....what kind of place is this????
Sigh, the challenges of being a travellin' dog.
But we are home, and I am so glad to be here. My own bed. My own bushes. My own couch. We went for a nice long walk as soon as we got home. Saw a few of my friends and reported in. Told them to go to Friendship Village in West County for treats and rubs. Got back home, got my bowls in the proper places. THEN muzzer tells me we are leaving again tomorrow morning to pick up my Grandfather in Washington, DC! Hey, what is with this? Are we on some kind of treadmill or something?????
Oh well, I'll sleep well tonight, and tomorrow will take care of itself. That is the way of a domesticated dog who has invested in family training. More soon. Love
Gus

No comments: