19 November 2006

Poor Teka has a problem!

Teka has developed a terrible fondness for a certain brand of soda which shall remain un-named. She will go to any length to get her daily dose. She has taken to climbing on the table and helping herself when opened cans are left unattended!

Does she not realize that caffiene and sugar are bad for dogs? On the other hand, her love for this beverage goes a long way toward explaining her energy and zest for life. Maybe Travis and I need a slug now and then! We certainly can't keep up with her!

Gus is fooling you! We do not allow the dogs to drink Pop. Please don't report us to the ASPCA! (ed.)

Anyway, we are busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. Muzzer has a new stuffing recipe to try, and Dad says at least it can't be as bad as the Cranberry jalapeno jelly sauce she made a few years ago.

Travis' mum will be home in a bit more than two weeks, but he will be spending Thanksgiving with us. I sure hope Muzzer got a big enough turkey! Travis was eyeing it today like it was a snack or something.

And in three weeks and 4 days my sister E. Rabbit will be home for her Christmas visit! I have not seen her since we left Virginia, and I miss her! She will be here for a week, and we can play, and go for walks and take naps together. Oh yes, and butt scritches. Have I mentioned she does great butt scritches! She is better than muzzer, and she doesn't complain about her fingers hurting either. Hurry home E.Rabbit!

I think we will have a lot to report in the next few weeks. When Travis' mum comes home she will take her big car home with her, and Dad will get a new car. We think he is going for another Miata! E.Rabbit and E.Beth call them the MLC cars. (mid life crisis). But I wonder if that means that E.Rabbit is having an MLC, since she has Dad's old Miata.....much to ponder.

I hope my blog pal Pappy is feeling better soon! He got injured at the bark park and had to have stitches. But he got a new red coat to protect his bandage and looks very dapper.

If you are a member of DWB, please vote for my friend Buster. He has been nominated for awesome blog of the month, and you can visit his blog at http://foxterrorist.blogspot.com

oh, I guess you have to be a dog with a blog to vote, but you should visit his blog anyway, cause he can make you smile.!

love

gussie

4 comments:

E. Rabbit said...

Teka will probably have an even bigger problem if her teeny tiny toenails scritch up muzzer's table.

Anonymous said...

Hey Gussie - thanks for the endorsement!

I have to confess, I love dark cherry soda. They can always tell when I've gotten some by 2 telltale signs:

1) My breath smells suspiciously sweet
2) My beard is red from shoving my nose down into the glass to drink!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Ivy said...

oooooo! sweetie drinkies? that sounds good! i am not allowed on the table. maybe if i got up there i wud find sweetie drinkies!

i voted for buster. wen i voted he wuz winning! i hope he wins! or the army of four cuz they are cool too.

i asked my randy and he said a miata is too small to be a good dog car. so wut good is it? i like a car that i can walk around in and put nose art on all the windows.

Gus said...

e.rabbit: muzzer has written off the table because of the damage done last year. Teeny Tiny Teka Toenails are the least of her worries.

Bussie: Maybe you should take a big drink of water after you slurp your soda. It would wash away the pink stuff, anyway.

Ivy: A miata is a small car. The good things about it are:
1. You gotta sit in the front seat cause there ain't no back.
2. It's got a top that goes all the way down, love that breeze in my terrierears.
3. You can sit in one seat and pretty much do nose art on ALL the windows! It is very efficient that way!

Gussie