19 April 2007

Gonna have a Pawty!

It looks like all my dog bloggy friends are going to have an Anniversary party. Miss Sunshade is, of course, coordinating all the arrangements. We understand that FuFu the hamsterrier will be providing transportation. But, for those of us who have responsibilities on the home front, there will also be a "virtual" wine and cheese pawty.
So as soon as I found out about this, I went to the "liquor cabinet" in our house to see if me 'n Teka would be needing to lay in some supplies! Well, as I suspected there is a severe paucity of supplies in this house. My muzzer and dad are not well known for their party mentality! Occasional wine and toasted cheese sandwiches are more their style.
After much consideration, I decided that I would need to have Teka's help with this project, so I invited her to join me in my research.
We searched that cabinet thoroughly! We found some surprising things. One large container of Kool-aid. Must be left over from when E.Beth was taking care of the house last year. One chafing dish, marked "wedding gift, 1971, Uncle Eddie" which has probably not been out of the box since. A bottle of wine that is as old as E.Rabbit! Tonic water, Strawberry flavoring, but not much else.
So, we are planning a stealth shopping trip to the nearest wine shoppe. I hope they have a good selection of Ripple.

Teka says that this is what she will look like when the party is over.

Happy Anniversary Dogs With Blogs.

DWB PAWTY



11 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We have slim pickins on the wine here too Gussy. Cheese is always on hand and we chose dog biscuits rather than crackers. Oh and BTW are green grapes are fake! shhhhhhhhhhh
We can't wait for the pawty to begin!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Asta said...

Oooooh Gussie , you and Tekka are sooo smart..thanks for the advice.
You can come borrow anything you want for your pawty from me. It sounds like it will be a very happy anniverserary for DWBs.
smoochie kissesXOXOXOXO ASTA

Urban Smoothie Read said...

hey pal,

dun get urself drunk!

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

How organized you are to plan so far in advance - we have a coupla bottles of champagne that I've noticed in the back of the fridge that are leftover from New Year's Eve. Want me to send you one?

Bussie Kissies
Buster

E. Rabbit said...

Well, you guys seem to have some Cuervo mix, so perhaps you can whip up some Paw-garitas?

Joe Stains said...

wooo we sure can't wait for this, I better go check out our supplies too!!!

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

I'll be following your example and sniffing out our cupboards for snacks and stuff for the pawty. J x

Asta said...

I try to listen very carefully to everything my older friend Maggie says..she whispers very softly, and then I give her a big smoochie kiss
have a great sunday
love Asta

wally said...

I see margarita mix--I'll bring the tequila and we can PARTY!

wally.

Asta said...

I'm practicing my singing, so I can join your group...my songs are not as well composed as yours..mostly they have no words, but I could be a backup for you
kisses Asta

Sunshade said...

I can't wait I can't wait my legs are shaking I'm so excited!!!!! Are your legs shaking too??

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade