19 May 2007

Scruffy Gussie pt. 1


Muzzer says I am Scruffy!

She has been calling me "Scruffy Gussie" for several weeks now.

I don't think I look so scruffy.

But it is a bit warm in Azrizona now. And my dog suit makes it warmer.

So...a couple of weeks ago, she called my favorite groomer in Azrizona. (I also have a favorite groomer in VA., ya know.)

But when she called, they said my groomer had retired. Let me tell you, muzzer thought that was pretty funny. My groomer did not look OLD. She looked pretty young to muzzer. So muzzer started telling my friends at work that wire foxes wore out groomers v
ery fast. "Yup," she would say. "One year of grooming Gussie and they either retire or move away!"


Well...I didn't think it was very funny. And I told muzzer so.

But she is getting even. I have an appointment tomorrow to get groomed.

It is not a new place. But it is a new (well, slightly used, but new to me!) GROOMER!

And I find it a bit unsettling. You never know about this type of thing. I really liked my old groomer! I am sure I didn't do anything to make her retire, but what if muzzer is right?

Do wirey fox fellows really take a heavy toll on groomers? I know I try to be good and cooperate. Only problem might be my feets. I am a pretty sensitive kind of fellow when it comes to feet, and sometimes I object if the groomer handles them too much. But never more than a growl. Really. Truly.

So I have left instructions with Teka about what to do if tomorrow is a real disaster and I get scalped again.

First: Do not take any pictures until I start to grow hair again. I would not want Miss Snickers or any of my other friends to see me looking nekkid.

Second: My password is written on a piece of yellow paper and hidden under the lysoloma in the back yard. Teka can take it to Dad, and they will continue my blog until I am lookin' good again.

Finally: She has agreed not to attack any strange dogs that come home with muzzer unless she sniffs them. First!

I think she will honor her promise. But why does this have to happen when Dad is away and I have no male support? Did muzzer plan this so I would be defenseless?

Oh Doggy. What if this groomer puts on a bow! I probably won't sleep tonight. I may not even eat my dinner.

No, I think I will eat my dinner, but I know I won't sleep!

Everydog be thinking good thoughts please!

Gussie

4 comments:

E. Rabbit said...

I think a haircut is a good idea, Gus. Your brows are so shaggy they're covering your pretty eyes. Good luck with the new groomer.

Koobuss said...

Hi Gus,
Thanks for the kind words about my picture. My mama keeps taking them, hoping to snap the perfect photo of me. I'm making it very difficult for her though. I don't stay still too long, unless I'm sleeping like I was in that photo.

As for grooming, I have plenty to say even though I have not been groomed yet. First of all, you look fine just the way you are. I love your curls. My Uncle Koobuses all had curls and they were very handsome, like you. Don't let them cut you if you can help it. That way you won't get sunburned in the strong Arizona sun.

As for giving the groomer a hard time, if you must get groomed, at least have some fun. Don't make it too easy for them or they will groom you more often. My Uncle Koobuses were very proud and they never made it easy for the groomers. Each one of them were told by different groomers not to come back. Finally, poor mom had to do try to do it herself on Uncle Koobus III. She would hold him with one hand, cut with the other, and hope for the best. He did not look "professional", but she was the only one that he would allow to touch him, and he would get some relief from the summer heat. (That's the only good part.)

Good luck tomorrow and try to have some fun.

Your pal,
Koobie

Joe Stains said...

you look really furry and fuzzy and I cant see your eyes anymore!

Molly the Airedale said...

You look cute all furry and shaggy! And I liked the trimmed look too and it's so much cooler! I'd say for summer - shorter is definitely better though!

Love ya lots,
Maggie