20 May 2007

She liked me!

Well, I'm back from the groomer, and of course, the first thing Teka has to do when I walk through the door is give me a good sniff. Muzzer took more pictures of our joyful reunion, but this is the least embarrassing one! Anyway, as some of you know, getting groomed is hard work. So I stopped at my water
dish and got a nice long drink. Then I wandered nonchalantly over to the cabinet where muzzer keeps the treats and stuff, and scored a soft chewy treat for being a good boy.

Here is a pretty good shot of me looking directly at the camera. As you can see, no bows.
And I didn't get scalped at all, hardly. So I'm not in danger of terminal sunburn from the Azrizona sun. Of course, I will still be careful and wear my sunblock stuff, 'cause us mostly white doggies are sort of sensitive fellows, you know. And here I am, pretty much full profile. I'm not scruffy any more, but now muzzer says I am still too chubby. Sheesh. It is all a matter of nonclemanture. I am a substantial wire fox terrier, with a sturdy, muscular body. Now doesn't that sound better than Chubby Gussie?

Oh well, muzzer is my biggest fan and my greatest critic. The good news is that the new groomer loved me! She told muzzer I was a very good boy, that I have a lovely healthy coat, and I even let her clip between my pads without getting mouthy. I really wanted to chomp her fingers off at the wrist, but I contained myself.

And now, I am home. I must relax today and get ready to greet Dad when he gets back from Indiana. I will tell him that hair cuts aren't so bad, and that having your nails done is truly a guy sort of thing. And then we can cuddle up and watch the ball game on TV.

Love and kissies from a greatly relieved

Gussie

11 comments:

Joe Stains said...

are you watching the diamond backs play the pirats! GO BUCS! Mom likes the dbacks except when they play her pirates.

Hey, you mentioned three dog bakery in a comment, is there one around this area?!

Molly the Airedale said...

Gussie,
You look so handsome! Don't you feel so much better all clipped and trimmed! Mitch and I just love haircuts!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

My oh my, you look handsome! I was kinda hoping for a bow or something though! J x

Liza said...

Gus -

You look lovely. Oh, sorry, very handsome is more appropriate.

Fortunately my fur doesn't really need grooming - but I did have a bath today and it wasn't too bad.

The vet gave me the chubby talk last week. I hit 82 pounds which is funny because my mom has lost weight - I think we have been sharing too much food.

Love - Dory

Asta said...

Hi Gussie, you look extwemely handsome!!and the new short hair will feel cooler in the hot summer, but I still recommend staying in the shade..do you have doggles like Butchie and Snickers?
Yesterday I ate some of your asparaGUS..do you get a commission every time someone has some? I sure hope so..when you get really rich, can you hire a plane and come visit me?love you (you sturdy cute boy)

Anonymous said...

A nice grooming job... !

Maggie said...

i think teka and i would get along , why ??

Asta said...

Gussie, sowwy ,but you have another tag assignement..pleez see my blog for info...meantime sleep tight, handsome boy, and kiss Teka for me too

Urban Smoothie Read said...

u looks much more handsome that b4...

E. Rabbit said...

You look very handsome, Gus. Your new groomer is a real find.

Faya said...

Gus, I have to tell you that you look just great ! And you know what ? I tagg you so you have to show me the worst pictures of you... hahahahahaha.....
Kiss, Faya