14 July 2007

Muzzer does it again!


Ah yes...muzzer makes another perfect plan.
She got me up early this morning.

"Come on Gussie, Come on, we are going to Soulard!"
"Lots of Farmers bring their produce in and sell it in this BIIIG building."

"And there are plants and different meats and all kinds of stuff! It will be fun!"

I rolled over. I figured Dad would never go for it. Spend a perfectly good morning with vegetables and stuff? Nah.

Never underestimate the power of a muzzer.

We were on our way by 8:30 am. Walkies, breakfasts, showers and all that stuff were taken care of. (no shower for me, thank you.) We were in the white Gusmobile that Aunt Marie gave me. I had my travel bowl, some treats and a longer leash.

Oh Oh....traffic is terrible. Where are we going? Does Dad know the way or is this another shortcut?

Umm, yes...there is a parade up in front of us and they have French Flags, not USA flags. And who are those people all dressed up riding in that ugly wheel barrow thingy? Muzzer? What have you done?

Turned out that Soulard is an area of St. Louis that had a large number of people descended from other French people. And lots of the streets and parks have French names. And they have this parade on Bastille Day where they parade the king and queen of France through the streets, and then later on in the evening, they behead them. Well, not really. But lots of people were there even though it was early. And they were having a good time.

When the parade cleared, we got to the Market place. And it smelled Wonderful. And they don't let dogs into the market, but Dad and I found a bench and we sent Muzzer inside to shop for us.

And she brought out wonderful wonderful things.

They have GUS pretzels at one stand. They are tasty, but they got eaten too soon to get their pictures taken. Sorry. Maybe next time.

And we got this wonderful, huge wally melon. Muzzer says she knows it is good because she can see the spot where the bee stung it, and that means it is sweet! That woman has some really weird ideas, you know. And there is this lovely Aspara Gus. It is quite Tasty. I had several pieces uncooked with dinner. Yum.
And this funny corn that has Two colors of kernels in it. We are cooking it tomorrow for Uncle Ray.
And this cantaloupe, which is yummy squeezed up and put into Frosty Paws. And this humungous tomato thing. It is almost 1/4 as big as the cantaloupe, which isn't any teeny tiny fruit thing, ya know?

So I think she did OK, but I will report on the taste tomorrow and the next day.

And, it is only 6 days til we leave here to visit Butchy and Miss Snickers! I am getting so excited. Muzzer has hidden my travel bag, cause I can tell when we are getting ready for a trip, and she doesn't want me to drag it around the woody floors here. But I know. And I am READY.

Wow..to really get to meet the lovely Miss Snickers and her cohort Butchy. These are my first Bloggy pals that I have met up close and personal. Do you think they look like their pictures? Or is their clever mother brushing out all their flaws? Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Eat all those fruits and veges so you can be super healthy to meet Butchy and Snickers! I bet their mom doesn't have time to doctor their photos! hehehehe

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Aspara-Gus is one of my faves too! And of course, deliciously sweet wally melon all over my beard!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Jake of Florida said...

Wally Melon, huh? What fun. And Aspara-Gus -- named after you. I didn't know that. Must try it, now that I know.

My folks visited Soulard once -- and saw that market; but it wasn't open at the time. In the neighborhood is where Mom had her first toasted ravioli though.

So you did have an interesting Bastille Day. No heads rolled?

Jake

Agatha and Archie said...

Gus,you are so lucky.Did they get any food for themselves??AND you are going to visit Butchy and Snickers!!! That will be so much fun!! I am sure you will have lots of fun stories!!! Love, Agatha and Archie

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Gus, looks like you're enjoying your trip! Can't wait to read about your meeting with B&S! J x