23 March 2010

This is dedicated......

I have been thinking about this for a while, because I miss my Sweet Snickers Every Day.
And today, while muzzer was singing along to a really old album, it occurred to me that this song says what I feel most often...that Miss Snickers is my angel too, just like she is for Mama and Butcho and the catses and her dad. And I know she prays for all of us, and is watching over us.

How else to explain the beautiful picture that sweet Asta's Mommi painted for Mama and Butcho...it is inspired!





So, here is my song for Miss Snickers:


While I'm far away from you my baby
I know it's hard for you my baby
Because it's hard for me my baby
And the darkest hour is just before dawn

Each night before you go to bed my baby
Whisper a little prayer for me my baby
And tell all the stars above
This is dedicated to the one I love

Life can never be
Exactly like we want it to be
It makes me so happy
Knowing that you love me
There's one thing I want you to do
Especially for me
And it's something that everybody needs

Each night before you go to bed my baby
Whisper a little prayer for me my baby
And tell all the stars above
This is dedicated to the one I love


Thanks to the Mamas and the Papas, Linda Rondstat, and all the other people who sing this lovely song, thanks to Asta's Mommi for the beautiful painting, to Mama Lamb for the photo of Snickers in her cami Pajamas, and to Butcho, for sharing his sissie with me, at least for a little while.

kisses
Gussie

11 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom got all leaky with that -

She'll be hearing THAT earworm all night -

The painting Asta helped her mommi do is inkhredible!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Okay...now we're in tears...

That was beautiful, Gussie...

Thank you....!!

Miss Snickers was one of a kind...

Little Puppers has some big paws to fill!!

Didn't Auntie Ami do a fabbers job?


Mumsie gets to go and play with the puppies tomorrow...

And she's taking Clone Lacie (she doesn't freak in the car...)

I am so jelly.

She's gonna give them their first makeup lesson.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Love ya Gussie...and love to sheds like a cherry, Teka...

Miss Lacie

Abby said...

Hi, Gussie...

That was sooo sweet...

Me & My Mom's eyes are leaking...

Abby xxxooo

Molly the Airedale said...

Your song couldn't be more perfect, Gussie! We just came from Butchy's blog and that painting is absolutely stunning - just beautiful! Asta's mommi is a super talented lady!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am Most Sorry about your sweet Snickers. She was so lovely. But what a beautiful tribute you wrote for her, Gussie. She was lucky to be so loved!

Wiggles & Wags,
Mayzie

Kelly said...

Oh Gussie... I am crying.

You and Snickers had something that we all dream about, and I know you'll be together again one day!

xoxo

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

A very swwet post in memory of beautiful Snickers. What a pawfect song for the Angel of all our hearts.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Remington said...

Perfect! How sweet....it is so nice to remember those we miss and still love!

Tucker said...

OMG this is Tucker's momma crying my eyes out over that one! He's in the hospital after surgery to remove his tumor and this song just reminds me about how MUCH I MISS HIM and how little time we have left together. *sobbing*

Dexter said...

Oh that song made our eyes leak, but in a good way. I love the painting.

Slobbers,
Mango

Eric said...

Oh Gussie, that made all oof us leaky. Reckin the big pee got abit deeper.

Asta's Mommy's painting is wagging and wonderful isn't it? Of course sweet Angel Snickers was the most delightful and beautiful subject.

I'm off to bed now Gussie in the BIG BEDROOM and I'll make sure I whisper a little prayer for our sweeet Angel.And one for dear Tucker too.

Wiry love Eric xxx