07 October 2006

The continuing saga of Teka, pain in the back

Gussie Here! Greetings to all and sundry. We are having a quiet Saturday evening at home, relaxing for the big Komen Race tomorrow and getting ready for an intensive Sunday of baseball playoffs. Go Cards! Go Fred Bird! Go Marty H.

Meanwhile, having Travis here is giving me a chance to watch Teka interact with other dogs and have a bit of a rest from her constant demands for attention. Travis is MUCH bigger than I am, so it sometimes seems like he hardly notices her when she cavorts over, under and around him. See picture for proof of this. Let me tell you, I wouldn't be smiling like that if it was my back she was bouncing upon. Luckily for her, he is a good natured fellow and when he has had enough, he just gets up and walks away. Sometime between the initial upward push and the second step, she tumbles to the floor and yips at him. So far, he has resisted batting her across the room. I am advising him to consider that as a course of action.

Of course, I am merely an observer in all of this. I find that chewing on my orange bouncy fellow helps me achieve a zen state, which allows me to keep my composure and mostly ignore Teka and her antics. We do, however, have a bone to pick, since I haven't had an entire chew bar since Teka arrived last week, and now Travis wants his share of the protection money too! I may have to involve the WTB (Wirey Terrier Brotherhood) to get my share of the goodies. I think it is possible that Travis and I are simply too nice to Teka. Suggestions on behaviour modification techniques appreciated.

Happy Birthday to Butchy in Iowa, who turned 6 this last week. His mum took some great pictures, and you can see them on their blog.

Hello to E.Rabbit in DeeSee, Dad says to tell you he will talk to you AFTER the ball game tomorrow. Maybe.

Wistful good wishes to the Eastern US contingent of the WTB who are going to the show at Montgomery County tomorrow. Wish we could join you, sniff the autumn air for us.

And, of course, Best Wishes to Muzzer and Dad who will be getting up very early tomorrow to go to the Race for the Cure in Downtown Phoenix, along with about 40,000 other folk. Muzzer is taking the camera and promises pictures for tomorrow, I still don't understand why I can't go. (though pink is not my best color, I'd do it for muzzer)

Goodnight for now.

Gussie

2 comments:

E. Rabbit said...

This is the best picture of Teka ever, and proves that she's a bit smarter than you all give her credit for. Clearly she has realized that Travis's longer legs allow him to move faster than her short, stumpy ones will carry her. She has therefore decided to use him as a mode of transportation.

Anonymous said...

Ha go Teka! She must be a western terror.

Bussie Kissies
Buster