25 May 2007

I'm a Yankee - Doodle Doggy
A wire fox terrier do or die
A real live rescue come from Maryland
To live 'neath the blue western sky

I've got a wirey, foxy Sweetheart
She's my doodle doggy joy
Doodle doggy loves to travel
And eat Macaroni

I am that Wirey Foxy Guy!

***********************************************

Here's wishing you a happy and safe Memorial Day. Those of you who have mastered the basics, remember to "shake hands" with a vet and say thank you.

For all those muzzers, sisters, Dads, bruzzers and ozzers who are interested in this kind of thing, Ancestry.Com has made US service records available at no charge through June 6 of this year. We spent a couple of hours today looking for Dad's relatives on both sides of the "War of Southern Secession" and for muzzer's relatives in their wars too.

A nice quiet way to spend the weekend....find out where the bodies are buried.

www.ancestry.com and down toward the bottom of the page click on US Military records.

Happy memorial day guys.

8 comments:

Asta said...

Hi Gussie,
Happy Memorial Day to you and your fambly(including Teka)too!
My Mommi wasn't bored here, but I think she's pwetty happy to be here, and gwateful to everybody who takes care of us (but not the current guys inWash..but that's another stowy)
Anyway, pweeze, don't melt, and hope you find your fwozen kibble to twy( it's late here, and i dont wemembre to splel..sowwy)
Thanks for the super yankee doodel song..you always make the bestestest words to put in
smoochie kisses ASTA

Molly the Airedale said...

My mom is spitting mad! We forgot to wear our patriotic bandanas this morning! grrrrrrrrrrrrr
Thanks for reminding us Gussy!
We won't forget tomorrow!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Gus, You look so cute! I need one of those with the southern cross on it! My mum says that when she lived in LA, she used to always walk in the July 4 parade with her other WFT, Caesar in the Patriotic Pups of the Palisades division and he wore a bandanna just like yours! xxx Asta down under

Quinvale AstaLaVista Baby said...

G'day Gus, Thanks for offering me a US flag bandana. Mum still has Caesar's old bandanna, but I'm an Aussie dog and I need to get an Aussie bandanna! xxx Asta down under

wally said...

Hey Gus--Your musical stylings are excellent, as usual. Do you dance as well as sing?

wally.

Janie said...

Gussie oh my! Where is your beard?

Fuzzy Face Sniffies
Janie

Joe Stains said...

hey gus, thanks for the tip on the ancestry site, my Mom loves junk like that. happy memorial day!

Koobuss said...

Great song, Gus!!

Do you think that maybe we are related? My father is Yankee Doodle Bandit of Rexleigh and his father is Yankee Doodle Dandy, according to our records. It would be nice if we were cousins. (I'm also related to Butchy in Iowa.)


Koobie