14 December 2006

Axel's Dreidel Song

My people have a dreidel
They made it out of clay
When it was dry and ready
Then dreidel they did play

CHORUS

Oh dreidel dreidel dreidel
They made it out of clay
When it was dry and ready
Then dreidel they did play


I like to play with dreidel
It loves to dance and spin
A chase it round the corner
And then we start again

CHORUS

I chase it cross the kitchen
I chase it down the stairs
We run under the table
We’re really quite a pair


CHORUS

It never says it’s tired
It never wants to stop
It is the perfect toy for me
My lovely dreidel top


CHORUS

So every year at Hanukkah
We play this lovely game
A lovely game for wirey boys
And dreidel is its name.

6 comments:

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Hey I have this song in my post too! Great minds, eh?

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Anonymous said...

Wow, a song for me!!! Thanks Gus, you rock. I need to get a dreidl now!
Thanks for tagging me...see my answers on my blog. Have you been tagged? I tag you back!

Axel (posting as anon cos I couldn't get my password to work!)

The Army of Four said...

Thank roo for the Christmas card!
The Ao4

Gus said...

Axel...and anyone else with the problem of blogger not letting you on for commenting. We had to convert to beta blogger to get to make more than one comment a day! But Beta isn't bad. It's just one more holiday bumble we didn't need though.

I'm glad you liked the Dreidel song. I remember when E.Rabbit sang it in a "holiday" concert when she was in high school. Well, I don't really, but muzzer does.

love
gussie

Ivy said...

tee hee! i luv your dreidel song! do you get the gelt too?

Gus said...

All the gelt here has chocolate in it, so I don't get NONE!


gussie