04 February 2007

Dad's Back and just in time for the Stupor Bowl

Yesterday my muzzer came home early from the store and said "OK Gussie, you be a good boy. I'm going to pick up Dad at the airport." And she left us again!


But when she came back, she had my Dad with her! And he had his suitcase. And it didn't smell like anyplace familiar. And even Teka didn't recognize where he had been.


So I waited and waited. I waited through dinner. I waited through the power outage that SRP didn't know about. I waited through a cup of hot chocolate and a biscuit. (for Dad, not for Dogs)

And I waited until Dad and muzzer were getting settled in the Big Bed. And I did the Terrier Mind Meld on Dad to find out where he had been. And why he couldn't take me, Gussie along.


Turns out it wasn't so exciting. He went to St. Louis. But he didn't see Aunt Marie and Uncle Ray. And he didn't see a baseball game. He took the airplane all the way to St. Loulus just to talk to some other professor folk. So I asked him why he needed to go and leave me all alone to take care of muzzer and Teka, when he could just get a blog like mine and then he could talk to EVERYBODY!


And I'm not sure I understood the answer, but it was something about not really believing in the computer. And this from a man who still believes in Santa Claus. But, he isn't very big on technical stuff, so I guess he just has to believe in the airplane and fly there.


But I think I will have to help him learn to blog. It is a lot less 'spensive than flying. But maybe the food is not so good?


Well, I'm glad to have him home, 'cause Muzzer cooked up some Bratwurst and us guys watched TV and passed gas!


Here are some pictures of us doing guy stuff.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Nat said...

Yes, but what about the Stupor Bowl? We made it home from our trip just in time to see those miserable sodden fans at the game.

Gus said...

Well, Cubby is right as usual. We had a good time, even though me and Teka don't think much of Football. Not enough hard hitting and biting for terrier play. And I guess the team we were rooting for won, though I don't understand how Dad and G-Papaw decided which team they were rooting for! Something about Tony Dungee being a Minnesota Alum like Dad and the Colts being from Baltimore which is close to my sister E.Rabbit. Humans! Don't understand 'em, but they keep the food comin'

Joe Stains said...

thank goodness your dad is back! I cant believe he had to go all that way just to talk to some people!

E. Rabbit said...

Gus, there are two problems with you guys rooting with the Colts because they're from Baltimore and that's near me:

1. People in Baltimore hate the Colts for leaving.
2. I hate Baltimore.

Gus said...

OK, OK. So I sleep through football games. I'm right about the Minnesota angle and you know it E.Rabbit. You better not make fun of me, or I will Post Muzzer's version of the Minnesota Rouser for all to see

your fuzzy bruzzer Gus