01 March 2007

Another Special Day


Fifty Years ago today

Cat in the Hat arrived to play

And teach the girls and boys to read

And nurture that great learning need.


200 words! said Dr. Seuss

I'll do it now, just turn me loose!

They'll all forget old Dick and Jane

And reading just won't be the same!


I'll make it rhyme

I'll make it Flow!

And soon the kids

Will surely know


Just how to read this basic list

And how to do the rockin' twist

So things did change about that time

All thanks to Dr. Seuss, and rhyme!


Go to this website to celebrate the Cat's 50th birthday!

3 comments:

Joe Stains said...

I should make the Doofus read this, he might learn more words!

Liza said...

Gussie -

We loved this blog - my mom was a preschool teacher once upon a time and loves to say Dr. Seuss things to me.

Stay warm -

Dory!

Gus said...

Butchy and Snickers: Dr Seuss says
"Stay as warm as you can be
Toasty warm, hot toast and Tea."

Joey: There are 200 words considered essential to first graders in Cat in the Hat. Maybe Doofu should start there.

Dory & Lisa: My muzzer reads to us every night. My favorite Dr. Seuss is the one about Green Eggs and Ham. Yummy!