19 March 2007

Duckie Abuse!

Hello Friends and Fellow Mystery Lovers.
I, Gussie, am about to recount the mystery of the dead duckie. If you are squeamish or get sick at the sight of blood, perhaps you should skip this post. I will understand. I too used to have a gentle and retiring soul, and was loathe to look upon carnage.

Then Teka came to live with us.

Perhaps you remember last evening when I said that I was going to help muzzer relax in her tub with her rubber duckie? Muzzer and I were floating the duckie in the tub and making him ride the whirlpools and bob along in the tides. I was being quite polite, merely observing and occasionally singing to muzzer so she could relax more easily. We whiled away a pleasant evening in this fashion, but the time came, as it always does, to drain the tub before muzzer resembled a raisin. (she it too short to be a prune, tehe)

We carefully dried the duckie and put him on the ledge while we drained the tub. We were careful not to start the drain operation until we had Duckie safely out so that he did not get trapped in the suction and pulled away to Sewer land.

Alas, perhaps we should have let him start his jouney in his own fashion. It would perhaps have been a happier end for him.

Muzzer dried off and greased up. I don't understand it, I'm just reporting the sequence.

We went in to my bedroom to watch TV. Suddenly there was a noise from beneath the bed.

Chomp Chomp Chomp Chomp. Hackie. Chomp Chomp.

Muzzer said "Gussie...what is Teka eating under there. If she has stolen another shower puff, I will scream." (the score is Teka 4, shower puffs 0)

I bravely jumped off of my bed and scurried under the bedframe. OH NO! There were bits of yellow and orange rubbery plastic all over the place. How shall I tell muzzer? She will be very unhappy with Teka. I bravely picked up a piece of duckie beak and took it up to muzzer.

She screamed! Oh, the words I learned.

I helped collect small pieces of the duckie, and we placed him in the trash can.

Teka ran and hid under the sofa. We had a good chase session before Dad intervened and took the remains of the duckie away from her.

Poor Duckie. He has followed sqrrll to the burial ground.

Teka knows where he is buried. She was in there earlier sniffing around.












I ask you...is this the face of a Duckie Destroyer?

7 comments:

Urban Smoothie Read said...

hahah...poor duckie...

n it'll definately b poor to b any of ur toy...hahah

Joe Stains said...

oh my he totally DEFACED that duck! har dee har har!! terriers are soo special!

E. Rabbit said...

You wouldn't believe it to look at her, but then who knows what evil lurks within the heart of Jack Russells?

Nessa Happens said...

I think yes, it IS the face of a duckie destroyer!!!

How very sad. I have tried to eat a shower puff, but have been stopped before things got too far. However - no one has stopped the cats! They've eaten three showerpuffs, and all...ALL of mama's makeup brushes!!!

Bad, BAD kitties!

wally said...

My goodness! I nearly fainted! Though that does give me some ideas of what to do with our rubber ducky (which is a rubber Ichiro--the baseball player--ducky. long story).

wally.

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Shall we call it Tek-ing duck?

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

J1 doesn't have a rubber ducky but if she did I know that I'd do the same as Teka. If I were a superhero my name would be Destructo-Boy! J x