07 May 2007

Eating well, thank you!

A number of my bestest friends have enquired politely about my health and whereabouts. That is because I have not been blogging lately. Why? Well, mostly because muzzer is lazy. But also, we have been experimenting with new foods, and I am in charge of taste testing and quality control. I have been quite busy!

Muzzer is a wuss. She has been hearing a lot of stuff and reading a lot of stuff about the pet food recalls. And she is naturally a worry-wart. And she became convinced that this was some sort of a plot to bring Americans to their knees out of grief for their beloved pets. So she has started cooking most of our food! This is OK by me, muzzer is a pretty good cook, and I enjoy leftovers and doggy bags, so I thought...."well, I can handle portabello ravioli in lobster sauce and I really like bracciole, and chinese takeout isn't bad, but I'm not fond of the really hot stuff from the Thai place." All in all, I figured we would make out like small, smart bandits.

OOPS. She wasn't talking about increasing the number of portions from the human dinner and serving that to me 'n Teka. NOOOO. She is cooking dog food! Do you know how many thing dogs are "not supposed to have?" Lots. I was pretty sure it was going to be not much better than kibble.

Wrong Gussie! Now, the picture below shows the meal for this evening. We have ground turkey, rice, some brewer's yeast, carrots and peas, and a little left over rissotto. It may not photograph well, but


As you can see from Teka's picture, we have learned to look forward to eating muzzer's most recent creation.

It is pretty good stuff, and for variety we have chicken with sweet potatoes and that vegetable that is named after me (asparaGUS!) and some kind of fishy (not Koi) with green beans and barley, and a couple other pretty good things.
Since I am in charge of product development, quality control and taste testing, Teka helps out with the cleanup. She is very thorough, and sometimes actually crawls into the basket to make sure she has not missed anything. She has done this a couple of times, and each time her weight makes the basket thingy roll to the back of the dish cleaner thing, and she gets very upset. But, she is only just a year old, and not as wise as I, Gus Dagger w.f.t.!

Thank you all for asking about us. We are fine, and now that muzzer is helping blog again, I will try to keep us up to date.

Have a wonderful week, and special thanks to Nanook and his mom, who posted the Delicious recipe for doggy frozen treats on his website! Yummy.

9 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

I personally think you're very lucky Gussie! That'll be the day when mom cooks especially for me!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

E. Rabbit said...

Have you all considered running Teka through the dishwasher on "pots and pans" to cut back on grooming expenses?

Wimsey said...

Gus, so good to see you again! I understand about your mom.
Maria has declared that if she won't cook for herself, she certainly won't cook for her dog. She too has panicked regarding the recall and has been ordering out for me. It's good to live in New York. I don't understand why the apartments here have kitchens when everyone orders everything in.

Wimsey

Snowball said...

Hi Gussie, I have not seen you in the DWB chat room for a few days and was wondering what has happened to you since there aren't any updates on the blog too.

I am glad to see that you are enjoying good food. So am I. Aren't we the luckiest dogs on earth?

Luv,

Snowball

Joe Stains said...

so what might happen if the basket rolls in and you ACCIDENTALLY close he door? hmm?

Mom is scared about the dog foods too, she is switching us to Canidae and still giving us all our butt fixing meals.

Bogart H. Devil said...

We always miss you Gus!

Have some of those yummy Nanook-bars for me, would ya?

Love,
Bogart

Asta said...

that food looks and sounds yummylicious..can I come for dinner?

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Wow a pawsonal chef! Mine is just a kibble dispenser.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Mmmm, it must be hard work being chief taste tester. If you need any help, you know where I am. J x