20 July 2007

Wild Life

There's lots of wild life on my new walk
Squirrels to chase and Bunnies to terrierize
There's lots of wild life on my walk
But there aren't any doggies just my size

There's Reno the Samoyed over there
And Montana, a Golden Retriever
There's Odie the beagle in my back yard
And Fee Fee, you wouldn't believe her!

Those guys are all bigger than me
And others are still smaller
There's one little guy, his name is Chico
And I am very much taller

Squirrels are fun, and bunnies are cute
And some of them sure run fast
But nobody hollers, "Hey Gussie! Let's Play"
In the morning as I run past.

So muzzer and dad and I are going
To get in my white car again
And muzzer says sometime tommorow
I'll be able to play with some friends.

I hope it's not Teka, she doesn't play fair
I hope it's not Blue, 'cause he's growly
I think it might be a cute wirey pair
Called Butchy and Snickers- O wowie!

We'll bow and we'll play We'll romp 'em and we'll stomp em
We'll visit the birdies the deer and the fishies
And then we'll stop, and nibble good things
From our little doggie Dishies

So Happy Birthday Snickers sweet
And How Are ya, Butchy Boy?
We're bringing pressies and some treats
And lots of wirey joy!

There may not be no wireless yet
In Iowa where we're goin'
But there'll be lots of foxie fun
And pictures to be showin

Have a great weekend all - Photos on the Monday edition

8 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

whoooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Have a GREAT time at Snickers pawty Gussie! We can't wait to hear all about it!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Lenny said...

Wow! Fantastic poem! Have fun on your visit with B&S!

Your friend, Lenny

Joe Stains said...

what a great song! we cant wait to see pics of all of you guys!!!

Asta said...

Gussie,
Finally doggies to play with who are the pawfect size..blisss!
I love it when you bwing out your poetwy skills, I envy your use of wowds...Think of me when you're celebwating, I'll be ther in spiwit
smoochie kisses
Asta

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Gussie,

You have been nominated for Awesome Blog award over at the Bone Zone - head on over and cast your vote :-)

Love
Opy

PS - have a great time with Butchy & Snickers :-)

Bogart H. Devil said...

Have fun with Butchy & Snickers!!!!

Lovely poetry, my fuzzy friend...

Love,
Bogart

wally said...

Aw--loverly poem, my friend. Sounds like a good time. I can't wait to see pictures.

wally.

ToFFee said...

hey gus!

you gonna use the gussiemobile to head over to Snicker's bday bash???

hope you have fun!!!

Wuffs!
Toffee