18 January 2011

changes

I know all y'all have met my muzzer.

And I am pretty sure that I have been most open and forthcoming about her quirks and oddities.

Like....she reads a lot.

And....she eats a lot.

And....she is short.

And...she is a sucker for the sweet puppy look I give her.

But we have had so many people ask why we have been absent from our blog, and others who have politely inquired to see if everything is OK, so I thought I should tell you what is going on around here.

NOT MUCH!

Except, as part of "settling in" to our home in Virginnyah, we have all had to find new Dogtors.

Me and Teka have a new Dogtor. He is just about 8 blocks from our house, and I like him fine, even if he does do unspeakable things to my rear end.
And Muzzer and Dad have a new Dogtor too.

They seem to like him a lot, and he has changed some of Muzzer's meddy cations - and he also told her that her thyroid is not acting the way it
should, and he suggested that it might be that she caught it from me!

I am not sure I like him much at all!

Anyway...for all the time I have known her, muzzer has been a big fan of PEPSI! In fact, she is kind of addicted. Ya know.

But the Dogtor also told her that if she wants to lose some pounds, she might need to give
up the Pepsi Real and switch to a di ette soda.

So muzzer thought about all
the people she knows who drink the di ette stuff, and she remembered that Mumsie and a few others drink this Coke Zero stuff.

And so she has switched! And I don't like it.

She is crabby, she is short tempered, and she says I smell!

Plus, she has "too much to do" and never can help me with my blogging.

So, I am asking all my friends if they think this stuff could be affecting her "mentals", as Mango calls them. I think I must hide all her supply until I can research this a bit more.

Because while I am accustomed to her being short tempered and crabby, this is the first time she has mentioned that she thinks I smell.

Not a happy doggie

gussie

14 comments:

Dexter said...

My momma drinks that Coke Zero by the gallon. Her office at the work place is littered with empties. She swears by it. Even drinks it at night.

Slobbers,
Mango

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

It sounds like she's more like Teka evFURRYday!

HEY, my word is FARTION

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Then again, maybe this change khommenced...ummm, last Fall ;-)

Asta said...

Oh my Deew Gussie
That is out wagoos. Saying that you smell?????
(Asta faints dead away)

Aftew Mommi gave me the smelling saltses, I woke up and I still couldn't believe my eyes and what I wead.
I have smelled you Gussie and I think youw fwagwance is manly and enticing,ummm, i mean nice.

I just knew that E vil Coke zewo stuff is poisonous. Mommi says stick to nice wed wine and Muzzew will be pleasant again in not ime(although it will not do a thing about the weading and being showt. Momi dwinks plenty of it and is showt and weads constantly too)
loving
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Bocci said...

Trade diet coke for unsweetened tea, if you dare, Gussie's Muzzer. As much as my Parental Unit loves that fizzy addictive taste of diet coke...she tries her best to avoid it and guzzles ice tea instead:-)

But regardless, we miss your blogging!

Your friends,
Bocci and his Parental Unit

Molly the Airedale said...

You do not smell, Gussie! We hope muzzer gets happier soon. Her picture is scaring us!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Fred said...

Poor Gussie! Muzzers are sometimes the pits. ;P Hope all is smoother soon!

Anonymous said...

Heehee...your muzzer looks almost as cracker as mine!

Long ago - like 3 whole years ago - I have heard that my mom gave up sugar. And the legends say that she was practically impawsible to live with. And I'm pretty sure she even told my DAD that HE smelled. It took a few weeks but she finally settled down and realized that she was much happier and felt better.

I suuuure hope that happens with Muzzer before she decides to give you a B.A.T.H.!

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

PeeS. Thank you for the helpful hint on ME letting my pawrents know when something's wrong with Brudder Ranger's butt. I've been practicing lots the last few days but I don't think Brudder Ranger is very grateful for my services.

The Thuglets said...

Oh Gussie..she thinks you smell?

We think her taste buds must be messing with her nosie.

Get her back on the proper stuff quick!

Big Nokes Pokes
The Thugletsx

TwoSpecialWires said...

We're hopin' OurGirl doesn't read this post or there may be trouble round the corner. Most of all ... we don't want her (the short one, who reads and is sometimes crabby) to get any ideas that we stink. Never.

We've got enough troubles. We don't want to add that to them.

Off to find some of grampapa's cologne to pack and take back home with us. Just in case.
Jake (and Fergs ... who really has nothing to worry about)

Rudy said...

I'm guessing you don't smell at all Gus. Bet mom is just upset about that Pepsi being removed from her diet. Hope she'll be happy soon!

Love
rudy

Remington said...

We don't have a soda problem at our house -- it's COFFEE! I wouldn't dare take that from Beth....would NOT be good....

Unknown said...

Hi Gus & Teka,

Sorry I've not been visiting in so long - we actually still don't have internet in our new home yet(!) - the stupid phone company says we have a problem with our line and won't be online till the first week of Feb! - so my humans have bought a little mobile WiFi but it's not superfast...but I'm slowly coming round to visit my friends now...

But gosh - you know, your Muzzer sounds EXACTLY like my human, Hsin-Yi!!! She reads a LOT too and eats a lot and she has a really short fuse and is always blowing up and yelling about things - and then forgetting it the next moment! :-) Thank goodness my other human is so calm & laid-back! And Hsin-Yi is also trying to go on a diet too. Although she HATES all those diet drinks - she says they taste weird. She'd rather not drink them than drink the diet versions!)

Anyway, I had a real giggle at your post - I think your Muzzer sounds like a great character! :-)

slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Anonymous said...

GReat news Gussie; AHGRRS is back on top in the WV voting. So thanks for nudging the muzzer over to the puter. Isn't synergism GReat?

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Um...well..Mumsie drinks that Coke Zero all the time and she always sez we stink. So I'm thinkin' it's the Zero...not us.

Strong work on catching this fascinating medical FEE NOM IN NA...

Fresh smelling kisses,

Lacie