23 June 2006

Take your muzzer to work day

Today, June 23rd, was officially "take your muzzer to work" day. Now, I've been taking my muzzer to work all along. The nice people at the Habitat store in Lexington were very happy to let me come in with her. I bring a bit of cheer into their lives, you know.

But today I got to take her to work in Arizona, in the store she owns where Barb and Marlene have been taking care of things while we were in Virginia. So, first we told Tika she couldn't come along. haha, she was pissed. And she did, all over the floor in the kitchen. Then we cleaned up her mess and packed my bag and set out in our trusty auto.

We stopped at the bank to make a deposit, and WOW! They give out the same flavor dog biscuits that my favorite bank in VA. does. Isn't that a marvelous coincidence? Do you think there is some big international cartel supplying all the banks with the exact same flavor of dog biscuit? Do you think I could get a job there?

Then, we went to the store. First order of business, make sure the computer is working properly. I am the tech guru in our household, you know. Muzzer wanted to blog for their sabbatical last year but could not get it working. First try, I got my stuff on line! Now...who would you talk to in an emergency, huh?

Then, I checked to make sure the tickets were printing properly! Gotta be able to match the items with the prices, right?

Tickets seem to be OK, wouldn't want a steady diet of them though.

Got to meet lots of new folks, who all told me I was adorable. And this is BEFORE I get my grooming taken care of next week. Catch me on a good day next time, folks. You won't be able to walk a straight line.

One of the ladies had a squeaky toy in her purse, so she let me play with it. I like a woman who is prepared for all eventualities. Muzzer often forgets to pack an extra milk bone for my longer walks. Still a lot of work for me to do there to bring her up to speed.

Here is the final photo of me and the toy toward the end of the day. I love my new power cord, I love going to work with muzzer, and I love ladies who have toys for dogs in their purses.

Love, love love

Gus

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy Gus, it looks like you've had a happy and productive day.

Gus said...

We all have to do what we can toward the common good, you know.

Life with Ozzy said...

Gus,
Hey thanks for the post on my blog. Sorry it took me a while to respond back to you. I've been busy. How lucky you are to go to work with your mom. I wish my dad would take me with him to work. They have tons of plastic bottles for me to chew on. Oh I'd be in my glory.
Have fun!
Ozzy

Gus said...

Ozzy:
Good to hear from you. Have a happy fourth of July. When we get back here from Santa Fe, I am going to work with Muzzer again.
your pal
gus