06 August 2006

Not so good news

I've been busted...Again! Muzzer caught me chewing on my right front paw again, so she took me to see the vet here in Tempe. Oh My! This is one thorough veterinarian! She looked into and under everything. Twice. She poked and prodded. I kept saying..."Hey, vet lady! It's just the front paw." Did she pay attention...no no no!

Then she took me away from muzzer and into the back room. You know what they do in the back room don't you? Yup. They clipped all the hair from between my toes. And most of the hairs on top of my foot. And then they cleaned it! And then they cleaned it again! And then they put some smelly stuff on it and before I could even get in a good lick, they bandaged it up again.

And then, And then.....they gave me three (3) (tres) shots in my rump. Now, I think this is excessive. Plus they told muzzer I would be wearing this thing for at least two and maybe three weeks! Yuck! Even with them changing it a couple of times a week, it gets gross. Plus, who knows what they will do to me the next time they get me in the back room. Horrors!!!!

So, I am not posting any more pictures because it looks about the same as the last time. But I hope all the rest of you wires out there with the itchies are feeling better, and I will keep you updated.

Also, you all know how hard it is to blog with two paws and no opposing thumbs. Just you try it with one paw in a clumsy bandage thingy.

I am sure this is all happening because someone is jealous of my blogging skills. Either that, or being home with Teka has made me nervous and upset and this is a psychosomatic reaction. I tried explaining that to the vet lady, and she wasn't buying either of those reasons. Where is my credibility! I will have to see about getting a White House Press Pass so I can get some respect around here.

Your friend
Gussie

6 comments:

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Hope your paw gets better sooner! I always scream when the vet sticks me with needles - I am a woos.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Poor Gussy - I feel for you buddy ! Please tell me you weren't subjected to the thermometer ? Oh, the humiliation !

Love
Opy

Life with Ozzy said...

Oh Gussie the back room is scaring me and 3 needles is this not abuse to the most extreme tell me she at least gave you some treats. Not to mention Opy what's a thermometer I haven't experienced that and what horrors it seems to entail. No I don't think I'm going to want to know but I will know to run from the back room and then bolt if I hear the word thermometer. I hope you feel better and get better and get LOTS of treats.

Wirey hugs,
Ozzy
PS what's your moms stores name? And where is it located?

Gus said...

Ozzy: You are too young to hear about the thermometer. I am getting lots of treats, but muzzer says that is because I am a natural mooch, whatever that means. Mom's store is called Classy Reflections and it is at the SW corner of Warner and Mc Clintock. Thanks for asking again, I wasn't sure what was appropriate in a blog. But, if they censor me, I'll do the big eyed dog act!

Gussie

Life with Ozzy said...

You deserve lots of treats from the sound of things. Mom says she remembers Mcclintock and is trying to remember the store. She used to live near ASU so she'll have to jog her memory some.
Ozzy

Gus said...

Tell your mom that Mc Clintock comes after Rural and before Price (which is now the 101 fwy) Warner is waaaay south of ASU, about as far as you can get and still be in Tempe! We live closer to ASU, just south of Broadway. Where did your mom live? What was she doing in Tempe? My dad is a perfessor! Maybe your mom was his student?

I never made it beyond obedience school! Can you tell?

Gussie